Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Christmas Eve 2013

Christmastime in New York is always interesting. People seem to be more pleasant and friendly. The city is buzzing as usual but even more so during the Christmas shopping rush.  I arrived in New York on Sunday afternoon and did my last minute shopping on Monday and today.

This evening I will be celebrant at Epiphany Lutheran in Brooklyn, my home congregation. It is always good to return to and remember one's roots. Many of the people I grew up with in the congregation have ended their earthly journeys but their presence in the life of the congregation remain to those who knew them as well as those who never met them. I feel honored each year to be able to preside at the Christmas Eve liturgy. The lessons, Gospel and Silent Night are particularly meaningful in a world that cries for hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment